Custom actions not adding to steps

May 28, 2010 at 4:17 PM

I was able to successfully install the custom activities, and activate the feature. However when I try to create a step in SPD, the activity does not get added to the step. I can see the custom activities in the drop down menu, but when I select them, nothing happens.

Cheers,

Jason

Jun 2, 2010 at 2:11 PM

1. Make sure that following record exists in System.Workflow.ComponentModel.WorkflowCompiler\authorizedTypes section of the web.config file.

<authorizedType Assembly="DP.Sharepoint.Workflow, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0298457208daed83" Namespace="DP.Sharepoint.Workflow" TypeName="*" Authorized="True" />

web.config file can be found in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\*Your_Directory*. Please select the directory name carefuly 'cause it's one of most frequent reasons why activity doesn't work.

2. For non-english installation of sharepoint you need to copy DPWorkflow.ACTIONS file from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\1033\Workflow to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\*Your_Country_Code*\Workflow . For example for Germany *Your_Country_Code* will be 1031.

3.Check that feature is active in Sharepoint Central Administration -> Application Management -> Manage Web Application Features -> "Additional Sharepoint Designer activities". Please pay attention on what web application feature is activated 'cause it's also a common error. Web application name can be found in left upper corner.

4. Close Sharepoint Designer, restart your web site in IIS throug Start->Administrative Tools->IIS Manager->WebSites->*Your_Current_Sharepoint_Site*.

Hope it will help you.

With best regards,

mg_alice

Jun 9, 2010 at 10:54 AM
Edited Jun 9, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Hi Alice,

Thanks for this.

1. I checked the web.config and found the authorizedType missing

2. Its English version

3.Activated the feature in the applicable web application. Then found the authorizedType available in web.config

4.Closed & Opened SP Designer to find the issue fixed.

Oct 20, 2010 at 7:10 AM

mg_alice, joelji,

Thank You for Your answers  and comments, it helped me too!

Oct 27, 2010 at 1:36 PM
Edited Oct 27, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Thanks for the great tip...  but not being a programmer type, I found that the authorizedType missing, but I dont know what to do or where to add the code listed above.   I have already activated the feature in Central Administration, but it is not working.

Add the code above right below:

<authorizedType Assembly="System.Workflow.Runtime, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" Namespace="System.Workflow.Runtime" TypeName="CorrelationToken" Authorized="True" />

Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks!

DISREGARD  ---  We got it working.