Is there a chance for a "Create New Item Extended?"

Feb 5, 2008 at 9:23 PM
I just installed this to use the "Copy Item Extended" feature and it works great. Simple to implement, and there were only a few hiccups getting it laid out correctly. (All of them were my fault.) I do have one issue though, and I don't know how to solve it. I have a document library with some lookup columns to a list on the same sub site. I can copy items to a document library on another subsite just fine, but any information that was in the lookup column does not get passed. I tried setting up a list on the 2nd site for the lookup columns to reference, and set the Copy Item Extended workflow to copy the information from the original list to this list. That did not work. Upon further research, the only way that the lookup information will work in the 2nd sub site is if it references the original look-up list. Unfortunately this won't work, since this 2nd document library will be receiving information from many other document libraries. I don't know how else to get this information into this document library, other than having the workflow create a new file, and passing the information that way. Unless somone knows a way to have a lookup column reference more than one list, across subsites.

If there is no solution to my problem, oh well. Great feature though, and I'm sure I will use it quite a bit.