E-mail actions are broken

Jun 13, 2008 at 8:09 PM
I'm trying to set up a workflow that sends an e-mail.  Right now I am using the standard e-mail action that comes with SPD.  The action gives an error stating that there is a problem with the user specified in the To: portion of the e-mail action.  I have removed everything from the e-mail so I know it is the Send To person causing the problem.  I don't know why though.

Has anyone else had this problem?  If so then is there a fix.

I had version 4 of the activities installed and then upgraded to version 5 a few months ago.  I guess I just haven't used the e-mail activity since then (it's a test system).

Thanks,
Jun 13, 2008 at 8:52 PM
I thought I had this problem before but I couldn't find what the solution was.  Apparently I originally posted it here on this discussion board.  I can't seem to get it to work again after trying my own previous solution.

I decided to go ahead and install 0.5.0 on our production server in case the version difference between our test servers and production servers was causing the problem.  Now I get the error

A web configuration modification operation is already running.

on our production server and it will not allow me to activate the feature.  Sounds like I'm about to be in hot water!

EricSammann wrote:
I'm trying to set up a workflow that sends an e-mail.  Right now I am using the standard e-mail action that comes with SPD.  The action gives an error stating that there is a problem with the user specified in the To: portion of the e-mail action.  I have removed everything from the e-mail so I know it is the Send To person causing the problem.  I don't know why though.

I had version 4 of the activities installed and then upgraded to version 5 a few months ago.  I guess I just haven't used the e-mail activity since then (it's a test system).

Thanks,

Jun 16, 2008 at 4:35 PM
I guess this was just my stupidity.  I didn't set a subject.... 

EricSammann wrote:
I thought I had this problem before but I couldn't find what the solution was.  Apparently I originally posted it here on this discussion board.  I can't seem to get it to work again after trying my own previous solution.

I decided to go ahead and install 0.5.0 on our production server in case the version difference between our test servers and production servers was causing the problem.  Now I get the error

A web configuration modification operation is already running.

on our production server and it will not allow me to activate the feature.  Sounds like I'm about to be in hot water!

EricSammann wrote:

Thanks,