Relative path's in extended copy activity?

Mar 18, 2009 at 4:45 PM
I have a situation where I am trying to build a site template that includes quite a few workflows. (I don't want to have to rebuild them each time I create a site from the template.)  I have an issue where a separate document library is used for approved items. I have successfully set a workflow to copy the approved item to another document library, but using the OOB workflow, it appends the date to the end if the file already exists.  I need to overwrite the item in question.  The Custom activity "Copy list item extended" has this feature, but I need to give it the full URL path to the library.  I need something that meets in the middle.  It functions basically the exact same way that the OOB copy list item workflow does, but that will overwrite the item in the destination document library.  How can I do this?  I was hoping that I could use a relative URL, or possible make a few edits to the xoml that will allow the workflow to overwrite the item in question.  Anyone have any thoughts?

Jul 5, 2010 at 1:25 PM

My way around this is to add an Event Receiver that automatically adds the current site's URL in a hidden list of current-site-specific variables. I can do all my lookups for the new site's URLs and list GUIDs from that (think sending emails to edit tasks with the correct task list GUID :)