DLL is missing from GAC

Mar 23, 2009 at 3:24 PM
Edited Mar 23, 2009 at 9:22 PM
I deployed the package to a farm instance using a scheduled deployment.  The farm that it was deployed has a farm cluster with two front-end servers.  The deployment says it was successful and I can see the actions in SPD but I am not able to add the actions to my workflow.

I checked the GAC for both of the front-end servers and the dll is missing from both.  (I also checked in the bin folder as well thinking it may have been put there, but no luck.)

I also deployed the package on a development environment that does not have a cluster and it works fine. 
Feb 16, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Did you ever figure this out?

Coordinator
Feb 17, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Did you set the allowgacdeployment option?

Feb 22, 2010 at 10:00 PM

unclepaul84,

Would you also have to set the allowcaspolicies?

Gary Sharpe

UC Davis

Feb 22, 2010 at 10:01 PM

AMB_0628,

I'm assuming by "scheduled deployment" above, this means that the setup.exe included with spdactivities was not used in this deployment.  Is this right? 

Gary Sharpe

UC Davis

Coordinator
Feb 23, 2010 at 3:32 PM

gmsharpe,

The solution does not have any CAS policies, so no, no need to set the  "allowcaspolicies" option.

Installer was included for convinience,  if you are having issues with it you will need to fall back to the appropriate stsadmin commands.  One more thing, please make sure that that there is an entry in web.config for the correct web application at Configuration\System.Workflow.ComponentModel.WorkflowCompile\authorizedTypes for the assembly included in the solution (this entry should get created when you activate the web application feature for your content web application).