Nothing happend after installing and activating ?

May 20, 2009 at 1:12 PM
Edited May 20, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Hi all,

after installing and activating "Useful Sharepoint Designer Custom Workflow activites", and run Sharepoint desinger to use this workflow custom activites

after creating new WF nothing happend when I click on one of the custom action provided with this package,

what else I have to do to make this custom actions work  ?

Thanks in advance

regards

Josh Andy

May 21, 2009 at 10:52 AM

plz help me

May 26, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Guyz I'm in need to help

Jun 24, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Hi,

I am having the same problem - anyone figure out why the new items don't do anything?

They install fine, and appear in the Workflow designer, but when I select one it isn't added to the flow. Clicking one of the pre-existing items adds it straight away.

The is a bog standard SharePoint Services 3 install on a Win2k3 Server.

Jun 24, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Scratch that. Closed the site in SharePoint designer, closed SPD and stopped and started all the sites in IIS, restarted SPD and hey presto the WFs appear and are added to the list.

Jun 25, 2009 at 2:46 PM

Hi!

I've also encountered this problem, and despite iisresetting twice it wont work!

I've installed the application successfully through the setup.exe. I've activated the feature in Central Administration. We're using a english installation of SharePoint, specifically MOSS 2007. I've reset IIS twice and reopened SharePoint Designer twice. However, when creating the workflow I see the new items but selecting them doesn't do anything. Selecting old ones work just fine.

Help needed! I'm very reluctant to booting the server. Mark, I repeated your steps: Closed site in SPD, closed SPD, iisreset /noforce on all front end web servers, started SPD, and the WFs still don't work for me...

Jun 30, 2009 at 7:42 AM
Edited Jun 30, 2009 at 7:43 AM

Hi!

I've solved the problem. What I did wrong, was that I did not look WHICH application I was activating the feature for in Central Administration. If you're experiencing the same issue, make sure you are activating the feature for the correct web application!

Note that I still had to iisreset and close and reopen SharePoint Designer 2007.

Mikael

Jul 24, 2009 at 4:27 PM

After checking my config file and restarting IIS, I could see the items in the Actions library but couldn't add them in SPD. That is until I closed all SPD windows and restarted SPD. Now I can use the new actions in the list.

The Dude.

Dec 24, 2009 at 4:32 PM

We had the same problem. The Setup.exe.config file was changed and the feature wasn't activated automagically. So, we manually activated the feature under Central Admin | Application Management | Manage Web Application Features, closed SPD and re-opened and things worked OK.  Until we closed SPD, the actions would appear in SPD workflows, but they would not actually add into the workflow.

Feb 2, 2010 at 10:30 AM

I've installed the application successfully through the setup.exe. I've activated the feature in Central Administration. We're using a Persian installation of SharePoint, specifically MOSS 2007 x64 . I've reset IIS twice and reopened SharePoint Designer twice. However, when creating the workflow I  don't see the new items .

i have another server x32 . this feature worked on !

please help me

Feb 2, 2010 at 11:25 AM

Make sure you activated it on the correct web application.

In Central Admin, goto Application Management, then Manage Web Application Features.

In the upper-right, the current web application is listed. Click the dropdown to change to the web you want to activate on.

Then, click the activate button beside the feature below.

Feb 6, 2010 at 1:08 PM
Edited Feb 6, 2010 at 1:10 PM

thanks

but i checked any things .

i was installed this feature it worked very fine in the first time  but i uninstall sharepoint and reinstall it then i install this feature a gain it was installed correctly  and i active in correct web application  but in sharepoint designer is not appear custum actions

i uninstall share point designer and reinstall again but this problem exist yet

please help me