Form Library Security

Jun 19, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Hi!  I need to create a workflow that makes our site's form libraries more secure by allowing users to only see forms that they have filled out and not those that others have filled out.  I am told that the SPDA activities can help me do this but I could use a little guidance, as I am currently just shooting in the dark with trial and error.  My latest attempt involved a one step workflow that starts when the user creates a document, with the first step having no conditions and two actions.  The two actions are to first delete the permission assignment on the form library for the user creating the document and then to grant "Add Items" permission on the form library to the user creating the document.  If anybody could guide me to the correct workflow solution to this problem, please post.

Jun 19, 2009 at 2:46 PM

@leitzelkm

Pardon my misunderstanding...Could you not create views that are of type “My Documents” and only allow person [Me] to see it?

Sincerely,

Kristopher Baker

Sent: Friday, June 19, 2009 9:21 AM
To: Baker, Kristopher
Subject: Form Library Security [SPDActivities:60071]

Hi! I need to create a workflow that makes our site's form libraries more secure by allowing users to only see forms that they have filled out and not those that others have filled out. I am told that the SPDA activities can help me do this but I could use a little guidance, as I am currently just shooting in the dark with trial and error. My latest attempt involved a one step workflow that starts when the user creates a document, with the first step having no conditions and two actions. The two actions are to first delete the permission assignment on the form library for the user creating the document and then to grant "Add Items" permission on the form library to the user creating the document. If anybody could guide me to the correct workflow solution to this problem, please post.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SPDActivities@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SPDActivities@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 19, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Thanks for the response Kristopher!  We could create the views as you suggested, but the only problem that then arises is for people who have the authority/permission to change the view to not filter documents to [me].  Once that happens, then there is a breakdown in confidentiality.  So we have decided that if worst comes to worst, we will use the views idea you proposed, but I'm still wondering how to do it with the custom actions from SPDA activities if it is possible.  Would you happen to know anything about doing it that way?

Jun 19, 2009 at 3:34 PM

I haven’t played with that particular action because of our policy on third-party (open-source) controls when it comes to confidentiality...Sorry!

Sincerely,

Kristopher Baker

Sent: Friday, June 19, 2009 10:32 AM
To: Baker, Kristopher
Subject: Re: Form Library Security [SPDActivities:60071]

Thanks for the response Kristopher! We could create the views as you suggested, but the only problem that then arises is for people who have the authority/permission to change the view to not filter documents to [me]. Once that happens, then there is a breakdown in confidentiality. So we have decided that if worst comes to worst, we will use the views idea you proposed, but I'm still wondering how to do it with the custom actions from SPDA activities if it is possible. Would you happen to know anything about doing it that way?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SPDActivities@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SPDActivities@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com