Trouble Getting These To Work

Sep 26, 2007 at 5:27 PM
I was able to do the install successfully for the latest version, but when I choose one of the new workflow actions from the list nothing happens. I mean nothing. I don't even get the text to appear in the actions box. What has happened? These are AWESOME and helpful, but I can't get them to work :(
Sep 26, 2007 at 7:39 PM
Nevermind, I figured it out.
Oct 5, 2007 at 2:47 PM
What did you do to fix this, as I am having the same problem?

JMiedema wrote:
Nevermind, I figured it out.

Oct 5, 2007 at 3:18 PM
The web.config file the code was added to was not the correct web.config file. We had accidentally added to the Mysite web.config file.
Nov 12, 2007 at 10:13 AM
Hi JMiedema,

could you write more preciselly what is necessary to correct? I checked, I have in my main web site web.config with:
<SafeControl Assembly="DP.Sharepoint.Workflow, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0298457208daed83" Namespace="DP.Sharepoint.Workflow.InfoPath" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />
<SafeControl Assembly="DP.Sharepoint.Workflow, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0298457208daed83" Namespace="DP.Sharepoint.Workflow.Install" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />
<SafeControl Assembly="DP.Sharepoint.Workflow, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0298457208daed83" Namespace="DP.Sharepoint.Workflow" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />

what is still here missing?

Thanks a lot,
Zbigniew
Dec 5, 2007 at 12:21 AM
Even I am having the same issue and in fact I can also see the above entries in web.config file.

Regards,
Preet
Dec 17, 2007 at 9:28 AM
In order to overcome this problem you need to go to Site features and activate the feature for your web application.

Central Administration > Application Management > Manage Web Application Features

Select your web application and activate "Useful Sharepoint Designer Activities" for your web application. Once activated you will be able to use them from SharePoint Designer. Works like a charm!!!

Preet wrote:
Even I am having the same issue and in fact I can also see the above entries in web.config file.

Regards,
Preet

Jul 17, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Thanks nikumbha, your instructions were bang on. It fixed the issue...

Nov 4, 2010 at 6:09 PM

nikumbha stated to activate the feature which writes out

<authorizedType Assembly="DP.Sharepoint.Workflow, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0298457208daed83" Namespace="DP.Sharepoint.Workflow" TypeName="*" Authorized="True"

/>

to the web.config.

Unfortunately deactive doesn't seem to remove the line, so every activation gives duplicate entries.

I got the code and am trying to fix this but

oWebApp.WebConfigModifications.Remove(modification)

removes it from the db but not the web.config.

frustrating.