Users can't see what users have Full Control of

Jun 29, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Hi all,

I have a workflow that is using the 'Grant permissions on this item' thing and i got it to work but now that the person has Full Control they still can't see what the original creator made. The settings in the list are that Read access: Only their own & Edit access: Only their own. So why can't they get to or even see the list item? and how do i fix it?

Thanks,

Nick

Jun 29, 2010 at 6:43 PM

SharePoint lists block anyone except the Created By from seeing an item when you set ‘Only their own’ no matter what the list’s permissions say. Use one or the other, not both!

Sincerely,

Kristopher Baker

Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 2:40 PM
To: Baker, Kristopher
Subject: Users can't see what users have Full Control of [SPDActivities:217762]

Hi all,

I have a workflow that is using the 'Grant permissions on this item' thing and i got it to work but now that the person has Full Control they still can't see what the original creator made. The settings in the list are that Read access: Only their own & Edit access: Only their own. So why can't they get to or even see the list item? and how do i fix it?

Thanks,

Nick

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SPDActivities@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SPDActivities@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 29, 2010 at 7:02 PM

yeah the library is going to hold a column or two that are not allowed to be seen by the general public, HR only. The other user that needs to be ablle to get to the list item have item level permissions of Full Control. The level they need in the library to see beyond the Read access: Only their own & Edit access: Only their own is Manage Heirarchy. However, that lets them see everything. Any ideas?

Jun 29, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Nick,

Aside from copying the items to another list with different permissions and just disabling those columns in the view settings, I don’t really know what to tell you. Try Content Type security settings?

Sincerely,

Kristopher Baker

Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 3:03 PM
To: Baker, Kristopher
Subject: Re: Users can't see what users have Full Control of [SPDActivities:217762]

yeah the library is going to hold a column or two that are not allowed to be seen by the general public, HR only. The other user that needs to be ablle to get to the list item have item level permissions of Full Control. The level they need in the library to see beyond the Read access: Only their own & Edit access: Only their own is Manage Heirarchy. However, that lets them see everything. Any ideas?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SPDActivities@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SPDActivities@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 29, 2010 at 7:06 PM

no i have not looked into that but i will reasearch that.  Thanks.