actions from this package will not add to my flow

Jun 30, 2010 at 8:24 PM

HAS anybody ran into this problem. I installed this Useful Sharepoint Designer Custom Workflow Activities package.

When I opent SPD 2007 and go to new work flows than I try to add any action that was a feature from this package, I get nothing. It gives me no action in my work flow. It shows them in the list but when you click on it, it will not add it to the work flow. When I add the standard actions that came with Sharepoint services they work.  Also, everytime I go to new work flow in SPD 2007 it gives me a message"Please wait while Sharepoint downloads the necessary informtion from the server" I never got this message before.

I am using MOSS 2007, SPD 2007, Win 7 and Win Server 2008 R2.

Any feedback?

Jul 1, 2010 at 6:06 PM

my solution was in another thread..............

1. Make sure that following record exists in System.Workflow.ComponentModel.WorkflowCompiler\authorizedTypes section of the web.config file.

<authorizedType Assembly="DP.Sharepoint.Workflow, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0298457208daed83" Namespace="DP.Sharepoint.Workflow" TypeName="*" Authorized="True" />

web.config file can be found in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\*Your_Directory*. Please select the directory name carefuly 'cause it's one of most frequent reasons why activity doesn't work.

2. For non-english installation of sharepoint you need to copy DPWorkflow.ACTIONS file from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\1033\Workflow to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\*Your_Country_Code*\Workflow . For example for Germany *Your_Country_Code* will be 1031.

3.Check that feature is active in Sharepoint Central Administration -> Application Management -> Manage Web Application Features -> "Additional Sharepoint Designer activities". Please pay attention on what web application feature is activated 'cause it's also a common error. Web application name can be found in left upper corner.

4. Close Sharepoint Designer, restart your web site in IIS throug Start->Administrative Tools->IIS Manager->WebSites->*Your_Current_Sharepoint_Site*.

thanks