Custom Action for Workflow in Designer - Creating/Saving Document

Oct 21, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Is there a workflow custom action for Designer to save/write info or text to a text file or document and save it to a document library?

Oct 21, 2010 at 7:15 PM

No, but there is a standard way to write text values to lists, in general. Why should it need to be a document?

Sincerely,

Kristopher Baker

Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2010 1:21 PM
To: Baker, Kristopher
Subject: Custom Action for Workflow in Designer - Creating/Saving Document [SPDActivities:231845]

Is there a workflow custom action for Designer to save/write info or text to a text file or document and save it to a document library?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SPDActivities@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SPDActivities@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 22, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Yup, that's what I did saving info to lists.  However, I would still need to automatically generate/create a PDF document (or even any document at least) with the info, for reporting purposes.  Using a workflow.  Know of any free or included add on's to give me that functionality?