Workflow completes without executing workflow steps

Nov 17, 2010 at 11:20 PM

I created a multi-step approval workflow based on an InfoPath form (I created a SharePoint form library when I published the form). When a user submits the form, the workflow sends an email to the first approver. If approved, the next workflow participant receives an email and so on. If a participant rejects the form, the prior participant receives an email and the workflow pauses.

Since the form and its design is a work-in-progress, I update the form and republish to the library. Invariably, I can test the workflow once successfully after I republish. However, when I try to run a second test, the workflow reaches the Completed stage without going through each step. Meaning, no emails are generated and there is no workflow history.

Each workflow step is basically the same: two conditions and two actions (send email; wait for field to change).

Since I've proven the workflow can execute successfully, I wonder if the problem has to do with a cache issue? Is it possible the server cache is interfering with the workflow?

Otherwise, I am at a loss as to why the workflow runs as designed and then races through to Completed on each successive test.

Thanks,

Darren.