Delete List Item Permission Assigment does not work for Folder

Apr 26, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Hi,

We can't delete persmission on a discussion but we can grant permission (like an update) to an existing group or user with low persmission. It works fine.

Jun 22, 2010 at 4:32 PM

I tried to use this delete permissions and it did nothing but create an error. Im trying to have users submit a list item (time off Request) and i give everyone contribute permissions and then assign the one that has to approve it Full Control but that person can't get to the list item and can't see it in the library. The library has been configured to allow only the creator the ability to edit and also wanted it so they are the only ones that can view the item. but they can't see it even though i have verified that the approver does have full control.

So....

I went the other way and gave everyone contribute permissions and made it so others could view. so then i delete the all users group with the delete permissions but it didn't delete anything! and also threw an error back on that workflow. 

Does anything you have done to fix or work around your issue sound like it might help? I can't get the developer to answer emails so i need help bad please.